Our Blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit us at
http://www.twokidsandamap.com
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Swedish Fish and other important things to bring while traveling in a car


This is the line of cars waiting!

This weekend my husband, Josh, went hiking on the Appalachian Trail with his brother and sister-in-law...posts of that to come! I went to my Godbaby's birthday party with two children on my own. Luckily the kids were wonderful! On the way to Jacksonville, FL, we drove through what seemed like a Cat 3 hurricane. As soon as the weather let up, we came to a dead stop on Interstate 10. What was going on you might ask? Well, we did not find out for 2.5 hours. A truck driver had lost his cargo all over the interstate. So we sat...and sat...and sat...and sat... What should have been a 5 hour drive with potty stops, took 8.5 hours. While sitting there I was able to entertain my children with swedish fish, doritos, and a movie. We even got to stretch in the car and watch a small group of college students play soccer in the median!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Sounds like you made the best of a pretty tough situation! What always amazes me is how the kids rise to the occasion when something like this happens. It's me that always feels like she's about to have a meltdown!