1. Audubon Aquarium of the Americas -- What a fantastic aquarium this was! It is a great place to get out of the hot (or cold) weather. See seahorses, white alligators, penguins and sea otters. You can also touch a stingray or a starfish. You can view an IMAX -- our personal favorite--Hurricane on the Bayou or Bugs!
2. Zoo -- After exploring the aquarium, head over to the zoo. If the paddle boat is running, buy a combo ticket and take the paddle boat to the zoo. It will drop you off at the back of zoo and take you back to the aquarium when you are finished. You will find river hogs, sea lions, jaguars, monkeys and rhinos!
3. The Quarter -- The first place we always stop is to take a horse drawn carriage ride around the square! Make friends with the horse's owner and your child might get to feed the horse a carrot!
4. Cafe du Monde -- After you have walked around the quarter, take a rest at the cafe and have some world famous beignets. The kids will love them!
5. Streetcar -- The kids will love a ride around town on a streetcar!
6. The French Market -- A great place to pick up touristy items. Keep a close watch on your children and leave your stroller at home. During the peak season, it is crowded and hot. The aisles are tight, however this is not something you will want to miss! The deals are incredible.
7. Aunt Sally's Pralines -- Another great stop for a special treat. Watch them make pralines in the window and then go in and buy one for a quick snack! The gift shop is great and the divinity is divine!!
8. Swamp Boat Tour -- Even though it is a little drive from downtown New Orleans, you will want to make the trip for a swamp boat tour. The kids will love seeing the gators swarm the boat and they might even get a chance to hold a baby gator!
9. The National World War II Museum -- Great for the history buff! Meet with a volunteer World War II veteran!
10. Paddle boat down the Mississippi -- The Steamboat Natchez is great for day cruises or dinner cruises. The boat travels up and down the Mississippi River while the captain points out various landmarks.
11. Riverwalk -- Take the kids down along the Mississippi River to play in the grass, sit on a bench, or wander by the fountains. When you are finished go shopping in the Riverwalk Marketplace.
12. Bubba Gump Shrimp Company -- This restaurant is kid-friendly, loud, and serves fantastic food! We love the shrimp!
13. New Orleans Ghost Tour -- If your children are a bit older, they will love to take a spooky ghost tour. You will walk around the quarter while a tour guide tells you spooky stories about the different buildings and landmarks!
Cruising around New Orleans in style!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants