Our Blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit us at
http://www.twokidsandamap.com
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 9, 2009

2008: A Year of Travel in Review

I know that we are already 9 days into 2009 but I wanted to post a few of my favorite travel moments from 2008.

We finished out 2007 in Gatlinburg, TN...



We saw snow in Wyoming...IN THE MIDDLE OF JUNE...



We learned that we will always rent a mini van from now on so that the little ones can see out the windows on road trips...



I found out that my husband had never ridden a horse before...he and kids checked that off their list of "nevers"



and we all rode an ATV for the first time...



We got in as many beach days as we could all over the Gulf Coast...



I celebrated my 30th birthday with my closest friends in Biloxi, MS...



We had a much needed staycation in Destin, FL...



Enjoyed a family reunion in Ashland City, TN



The hubby got to reenact Bill Bryson's book A Walk in the Woods...



I got to live out a childhood fantasy of mine (don't laugh...I quietly sang "I am 16, going on 17" in front of THE gazebo)...



We closed out the year in Europe...



Where will we be adventuring next? Rio De Janeiro, Brazil for a Brazilian Jiu jitsu Camp, Machu Picchu...if we make it to South America, Disneyworld for a magical weekend, St. George for a relaxing time, Italy to see Rome and Venice, Greece if we can swing it and back to Germany to visit family, we would also like to see Chicago or New York...these are just a few ideas we are tossing around...who knows where we might end up!

Any suggestions?

Where will you be traveling this year?

2 comments:

Peace said...

What a great year you've had!

Deb Douma said...

Orlando, Orlando, or maybe even Orlando ... :-)