Our Blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit us at
http://www.twokidsandamap.com
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ich habe Schwein gehabt!

Translated to English, "Ich habe Schwein gehabt" means "I have had pig!"

For the past couple of days we have seen these marzipan pigs everywhere...in bakeries, in street markets, and even in the grocery stores. This morning I decided to look up the meaning and I found that you were considered fortunate during hard times if you had a pig to feed to your family. In Germany and Austria, pigs are a symbol of good luck in the New Year.

2 comments:

Deb Douma said...

We all need pigs this year! :-)

lifeduringnaptime said...

this reminds me of Holland....my brothers love marzipan, me not so much!