Our Blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit us at
http://www.twokidsandamap.com
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Edward Ball Nature Trail on the University of West Florida campus

One of our favorite places to take a walk in Pensacola is the UWF Edward Ball Nature Trail. It is a great place to wander around looking for animals. There are fantastic photo spots as well. As you wander through the woods, you come to a beautiful boardwalk. The boardwalk was restored after a 2004 hurricane, but you can still see remnants of Hurricane Ivan.

Sitting on one of the many benches

We saw a lot of wildlife...the kids spotted most of it on their own! While we were wandering, we saw turtles, a rabbit, birds, butterflies, and a SNAKE! Big S found it first and pointed at it saying "Mommy...look at the big worm!" After I secretly freaked, I told him it was a snake and we never touch snakes. The snake didn't seem bothered by my children screaming but he was not happy when I snapped this picture.




Here are a few of the kids:





Check out other great travel photos at DeliciousBaby, the host of Photo Friday!

10 comments:

Wanderluster said...

Jen - those are truly adorable!

Debbie said...

What beautiful shots! It always amazes me how happy a nature walk makes young kids - a great thing to remember during those long lazy days of summer

Angela K. Nickerson said...

Your kids are too, too darling! And that snake... seriously icky! :)

WanderMom said...

I love the looks on the kids faces in these photos. They're great - obviously enjoying their "discoveries" on your nature walk.

Deb Douma said...

Jen - Hurricane was in 2004! How could you forget???

Jen said...

Deb Douma--Good night...we have had so many hurricanes I get them all mixed up!!! I changed the date...thanks for pointing it out!

Jackie said...

fabulous pics. and totally adorable children!

1217620103s654 said...

Nature centers seem to be great places for kids. The center near our house has a nice trail and tons of programs geared to families and homeschoolers.
It's the place I regularly walk most of the year...just a big kid myself, I guess :)

Dominique
http://www.midwestguest.com

Mara from Motherofalltrips said...

It always amazes me how much children can find to explore inside a few square miles. Nature walks are just about my favorite kind of outing. These are lovely pix.

Soultravelers3 said...

Really adorable photos! They made me smile!