Our Blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit us at
http://www.twokidsandamap.com
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival

I just saw that the dates for the Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival have been announced. They have probably been out for awhile, but I just checked out the website today. The 5th Annual Balloon Festival will take place on June 19-21. I am so excited to take my kids!

Last summer, my friend and I took the hour drive over to Foley, AL with BigS to see the Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival. We almost didn't go because it was getting a little late and the weather wasn't great, but we are so glad we decided to chance it! BigS loved the balloons until he got up close to them and saw how big they actually are. He wouldn't get in one even though I told him that they didn't go far up in the sky and he didn't want me to get in one either. I guess I will have to fulfill that dream another time! We got great pictures and had a fantastic time.

Once it got dark, there were a bunch of people selling these light saber swords. BigS had to have one! There was so much to see and do at the festival. The balloons were amazing to watch as the sun set. When they lit up, everyone was just in awe. Besides taking a tethered balloon ride, there were other kid's activities and a great list of bands playing all day long! We can't wait to attend with both children this year!







1 comment:

Heather said...

what neat pictures! I wish we could go!