Our Blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit us at
http://www.twokidsandamap.com
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cherry Blossom Festival--Photo Friday

In honor of this weekend's Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington DC, I am going to show off some of my cherry blossom and Japanese Tulip pictures for Photo Friday. Check out some other great travel photos at Delicious Baby. The Cherry Blossom Festival is great for families! The flowers are absolutely gorgeous and make for a great backdrop for a picnic or family pictures. Some of the festival events that I wish I was up there attending this weekend: The Smithsonian Kite Festival, The Lantern Lighting Ceremony, and the Fireworks Show. If you are in the DC area, make sure that you stop by some of the events and tell me all about it!








7 comments:

Lorraine said...

Jen, these are absolutely gorgeous. What a timely post, perfect subject.

tjhinn said...

So pretty! Great shots! Haven't had a chance to experience the original cherry blossoms myself, but I imagine it would be all pink and pretty, just like pictured...! :D

Peace said...

Wow such beautiful photos, thanks for sharing, this looks like an absolutely gorgeous festival to visit : )

Wanderluster said...

Love the closeups best!

Debbie said...

I absolutely love cherry blossoms - just looking at these pictures lowered my blood pressure a notch or too ;)

globalgal said...

Really beautiful! You have some stunning shots there! The blossoms here in China are only just emerging. In a couple of weeks they should be in their full glory! I can't wait!

1217620103s654 said...

I've never really seen the cherry trees in bloom...either in DC or in northern Michigan.
These beautiful shots really do make you feel in the mood for spring!

http://www.midwestguest.com