Our Blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit us at
http://www.twokidsandamap.com
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Dream of New York -- Photo Friday

A few weeks ago, my sister got to enjoy a wonderful extended weekend in New York City. She got to see a play (Chicago...her favorite!), take the ferry past the Statue of Liberty and wander around Times Square. Just color me green with envy. I am insanely jealous. Really. I mean, look...how can you not be jealous of that view?


New York City is one of my top five places to visit. It ranks up there with the Matterhorn and the Sound of Music Gazebo (cheesy I know!), both of which I have seen. It also ranks up there with the Great Wall of China and Kenya, neither of which I have seen! I have visited or at least driven through just about every state in this grand country! Unfortunately, New York is one of the states I haven't made it to.

I would love to visit New York during Thanksgiving. I want my children to see the Macy's Day Parade balloons. I want to wander down the streets and check out the store windows. I want to walk in Times Square. I want to take my children into FAO Schwarz. I want to see the lighting of the Christmas tree. There are no fewer than 10 musicals that I would love to see on Broadway. I want to see the sights mentioned in all my favorite books. I want to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. My list could go on and on and on! However, I will stop here and share a few of the great pictures from her trip. Thanks, M, for sharing!


The Statue of Libery

New York Skyline

Central Park

The piano from Big...ok...now I am dating myself...I loved that movie!

10 comments:

kidsgowest said...

Funny, I was just thinking about N.Y. and even though it isn't in my budget, was saying to myself: oh, just book a plane ticket...ah well, at least I got to look at your pics!

Peter Carey said...

Awesome! I always love a trip back to New York. Thanks for taking me there again!

Gennaro said...

The place I call home represented beautifully by your photos.

globalgal said...

I had a brief 3 day stay in NYC a few years ago. What a pity that it was only 3 days! I long to go back. In fact, I dream of living in Manhattan and designing fanciful window displays for the department stores. Seriously! Love the photos!

Jessie V said...

what fun photos - definitely makes me want to head there!!

Wanderluster said...

Oh just go! You must. And experience all the amazing Italian food that you can find on every street corner!

Debbie said...

New York was high on my list of places to go before this baby is born - Sadly I just haven't been able to carve out the time. Looks like it's going to be a while...

minnemom said...

I love the piano from Big!

1217620103s654 said...

New York is another place I'd love to go. For me, I think the things I'd want to do--see a Letterman show, go to the MOMA and the Met and sample some of the great ethnic food in the neighborhoods!

http://www.midwestguest.com

Lorraine said...

My first trip to NYC was last September, and I left the city feeling the most inspired I'd felt in many years. Seeing the photos reminds me of what a fantastic visit I had, so glad you posted them.