Our Blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit us at
http://www.twokidsandamap.com
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 6, 2009

100th post!

Today, April 6, marks my 100th post! When I started this blog, it was to journal about all of the trips that we take as a family. If someone saw it and could benefit, great! If not, I would have a great way to backup photos and memories. Once I started blogging, I realized that I enjoyed sharing this info and meeting all of the great travel bloggers and readers out there. Allow me to brag for a second while I showcase a few of those who have helped me get where I am today!

The most exciting accomplishment since starting this blog was to be able to participate in Passports with Purpose. Even though I was just starting out, I was welcomed with open arms by travelbloggers, Beth (Wanderlust and Lipstick), Debbie (Delicious Baby), Michelle (Wandermom), and Pam (Nerd's Eye View) and was able to participate in this great fundraiser. Travel bloggers all over the world helped to raise over 7000 dollars! Wow!

Since I started this website, the second most exciting accomplishment was being mentioned in the Top 20 Family Travel Blogs and Websites on Have Kids Will Travel. The funniest thing about this was that I was reading the list thinking "Wow...what a great group of people. I love reading all these blogs" and holy cow...there I was....#18!

Travels with Children
has chosen two of my articles for her Finding More Fun column. Once on 12/6/08 for my article titled Thirteen Things to do in New Orleans When Traveling with Small Children and also on 4/1/09 for my article titled Five Things to do in Washington DC with Children Under 5.

I had an article on Things You Should Do about one of my favorite local restaurants, Atlas Oyster House.

I have also been mentioned at SixSuitcaseTravel and am included on lists by Nick Bowditch titled Travellers on Twitter and also on the Travel Tweet Directory compiled by @TravelTweet.

I am following some awesome travelers on Twitter and have 276 followers myself.

Travel Blogger Tuesday is my new favorite thing to post. I love to hunt the web for great travel bloggers to showcase every Tuesday. I have featured 10 great travel bloggers so far and can't wait to continue!

One of my favorite pictures from our Europe vacation was featured on Bootsnall's Photo of the Day.

Here are the articles that you and I have liked the best:

Cherry Blossom Festival
Five Things to do in Washington DC with Children Under 5

In which direction is this blog headed? I have purchased the domain name and have set up hosting for my website. In the next few months, I hope to have my new website up, running and ready to launch. I look forward to exchanging articles with other travel bloggers out there. I am also looking forward to my first giveaway!


4 comments:

kidsgowest said...

congratulations on your 100th post, now that I started my own blog, when sometimes keeping it up is a bit painful, i appreciate how much work it takes to keep it going.

Jen said...

Thanks so much! There are definitely times where keeping it up can be a stress...like when I have sick kiddies, or deadlines at work...but it has become something that I do to take a break for myself!

Lorraine said...

Congratulations! It sounds like you've found something you love to do - and that's the key in producing great stuff. Glad to have found you!

Heather said...

Congrats Jen!