Our Blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit us at
http://www.twokidsandamap.com
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Photo Friday -- Digging into the archives!

The first major trip we took as parents was a three week whirlwind vacation in Europe. We landed in Frankfurt and then traveled to the following cities (with other stops along the way) by car or train: Brussels, Belgium; Hamm, Luxembourg; London, England; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Berlin, Germany; and Zermatt, Switzerland. Big S was about 10m old and Little S wasn't even a twinkle in our eye yet! As a matter of fact, we couldn't even imagine having two kids at that point!

For this Photo Friday post, hosted by Debbie at Delicious Baby, I am digging into the archives. Actually, I thought that these pictures had disappeared with our crashed hard drive. I was thrilled when I came across this CD recently as I was archiving pictures. It hadn't been labeled and I was so excited when I realized what it was. I had a blast looking at these Europe photos from our trip in 2005. In the next few weeks, I will continue to reminisce about our experience and post photos from that first major adventure.

These photos were taken in Trier, Germany. Part of the Roman Empire, Trier is the oldest city in Germany. There is a cathedral, Roman ruins to view and some great little cafes.

The view of Trier from the Porta Nigra, the Roman city gate

Big S playing in the ruins




The Basilica

A view of the baths

More bath ruins

Daddy J, Big S and me in front of the Porta Nigra


And to give you a laugh, the car ride to the next stop!

11 comments:

Wanderluster said...

Glad you found (and shared) these photos. They are beautiful. And I LOL at the last one!

kidsgowest said...

I guess the ruins tired your kiddo out :) Beautiful shots.

Mara from Motherofalltrips said...

Very nice. Love that last picture especially!

Marina K. Villatoro said...

what great archives. beautiful pictures! Wish I could go to europe again.
Photo Friday, 2000 Crocodiles...Where?

minnemom said...

Beautiful photos!

globalgal said...

I dropped my external hard drive last month and lost so many photos. I had just spent two weeks at my parents' house scanning all of our family photos. Two weeks! Of course, I hadn't yet made a backup of the photos when I dropped the drive. I've just paid a huge sum of money to try to retrieve the files. So depressing! How wonderful that you stumbled across these photos!

I'm an admirer of Roman sites in Europe, so I'll have to add this to my list. Thanks for sharing!

Lorraine said...

You've hit upon such an important benefit of travel...once you go (and once you relocate your photos) you can have fun reliving the experience.

Jen said...

@Wanderluster -- Thank you. The last one def encompasses that day trip...sheesh!
@kidsgowest -- Thanks! We were very tired because we did a lot of walking and running around. Ds was thrilled to be out of a stroller, carseat, plane, etc!
@Mara -- Thank you. I love capturing my children's tantrums!
@Marina -- We are itching to get back there ourselves. Thanks!
@minnemom -- Thankyou!
@globalgal -- I feel your pain. For the past few weeks I have been collecting cds of pictures from everyone I know who might have pictures of my family between 2005-2008. That was what was on the drive. I have been in the process of saving ALL of my pics to a new hard drive, burning cds, AND putting them on flash drives too. I won't lose them this time!
Lorraine -- Besides the actual traveling, I agree that the best part is reliving it and laughing about those adventures!

Gennaro said...

I love old Europe. Beautiful photos.

Angela K. Nickerson said...

Oh, you know how I feel about Roman ruins. Great photos! Ciao!

1217620103s654 said...

I'm so glad you were able to find these photos and share them with us!

I worry about my photos, and hearing about the dropped external HD didn't thrill me as I that's where I back up my photos to.

Oh great...I don't have my Open ID number here at work (it never works correctly for me anyway)-and the link on my Google ID goes nowhere because I don't have a BlogSpot blog. Where's the Name/URL option?

http://www.midwestguest.com