Our Blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit us at
http://www.twokidsandamap.com
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Travel Blogger Tuesday

I missed last week's Travel Blogger Tuesday edition because I was chaperoning 40 high school students at a journalism conference. Because of that, I am going to showcase a website run by not just one but four hip mamas for today's edition. I found Traveling Mamas when I was trying to decide on a domain name for my own travel blog. I was so disappointed that someone had thought of it first until I realized what a wealth of information I had found! These four mamas have great names: MudslideMama, DesertMama, CajunMama, and MountainMama! They discuss things from traveling with kids of all ages, gear that works, and getaways for moms! Some of my favorite posts include:

Women, Travel and Hotel Safety: The Door Stop Alarm -- This is a review of a door stopper that is a great way to feel safer at night in a hotel by yourself.

Tips for Finding Adult Drinks in Disneyworld -- This cracks me up because anyone who has been to Disney knows that sometimes you just need a little cocktail to help you relax!

Six Free Things to do in Denver, Colorado -- I wish I had seen this list before our trip to Colorado last summer!

Exploring Louisiana Monroe and Ruston -- I love the idea that this mama has...she is giving her kids a few choices for their summer vacation and letting them guide the way. What a great way to get your older kids involved! Her theme for this year is "learning about where you live" and I think that is so important because so often we travel all over the world but haven't checked out what is in our own backyard!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! What a great surprise! Thank you for featuring us in your blog post, it's really flattering.

We're so glad you love sharing travel with your family, too.
:)
From,
Mudslide Mama

Kara said...

Just wanted to share my appreciation, too! Thanks so much!

Kara/MountainMama

Lorraine said...

I've been enjoying Traveling Mamas too! I think they just went to Puerto Rico (?) and blogged during their trip. It would be fun to think about potential names for more mamas. Ah, Luau Mama!