Our Blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit us at
http://www.twokidsandamap.com
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 4, 2009

The Real Florida Passport from the Florida Park Service

This past weekend, we went camping at Falling Waters State Park (blog post on camping with toddlers to come...I have plenty to say!). My mom had told me that she had heard about the Real Florida Passport for the Florida State Parks. My husband laughed at me as I asked the park ranger about this passport. I was expecting a flimsy little booklet...however, for a small fee of $8.51 I got this fantastic 188 page resource!



As I flipped through the passport, I immediately wished I had gotten one of these a long time ago. The book is broken up into regions of the state (Northwest, Northeast, Central, Southwest, and Southeast FL). Each state park has its own page. On the page, you will find a description of the park, special notes about the park, directions to the park and hours of operation. There is also a spot for you to write the date of your visit and any notes that you may want to make about the park.



The best part about this book? It is a passport!!! I don't know about you, but I love to collect passport stamps. If my passport isn't stamped, I seek out someone who can stamp it. I love running my hand over the freshly inked stamp and I love to look back through my stamps and remember those special trips. When you visit one of the Florida State Parks, you can stop by the ranger station and get your passport stamped!


Our first passport stamp!

As I was flipping through the book on the drive home, I was surprised at how many parks we have in this state. There are so many near me that I didn't know about. My husband and I can't wait to start collecting passport stamps!

1 comment:

The Q Family said...

That's so neat!! I have to check out if there is one for Georgia.

Funny that you mention about passport stamp. I love to flip through my passport book to see the stamp as well. I was so disappointed that we didn't get any stamp from our carribean trip on the cruise. :)

-Amy @ The Q Family